Columns

Beating the Bumps in the Road

The vast majority of immune globulin (IG) patients are treated with much more than just IG. Most of us have a daunting list of other illnesses with medications that go along with... more

Product Guide

Exercise and Immune Disease

Regular exercise can improve mood, help to manage weight and cholesterol, boost energy and concentration, decrease stress, and improve strength and endurance. For patients with a primary immunodeficiency... more

Ask the Experts

Reader: Is SCIG covered by Medicare? I have common variable immunodeficiency, and I would like to switch from intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) to subcutaneous IG (SCIG). However, I am on Medicare and the expense of changing seems prohibitive. I understand that some SCOG manufacturers will provide a subsidy; however, I believe that is only available for lower-income patients. Since Medicare patients like me quickly reach the doughnut hole just from the expense of IG, are there any other options?

Michelle: SCIG at home is covered at 80 percent by Medicare Part B. The remaining 20 percent is covered by a Medigap supplemental plan.... more

Meet the Staff

Cheryl Brooks
Assistant Editor

Abbie Cornett
Patient Advocate

Advisory Board

Nancy Creadon, RN
Vice President, Business Development

Erika Lawrence, PhD
Associate Professor Department of Psychology University of Iowa

Todd Levine, MD
Director, Department of Neurophysiology Good Samaritan Hospital, Phoenix
Assistant Professor of Clinical Neurology University of Arizona

Fred Modell
Co-founder of the Jeffrey Modell Foundation

Marc Riedl, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Medicine Division of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology University of California, San Diego

Patient Advocate

Ask the Experts – Get answers from experts about issues related to immune-mediated diseases?

Advocacy Groups – Living with a chronic illness? Reach out, seek help and find a community.

Take Action – Everyone can advocate for healthcare treatment and reimbursement issues.

Share Your Story – Help others by sharing your experience with chronic illness!

Reader’s Online Forum – Have your questions answered immediately from experts, through this live interactive forum

Disease States