Resources – Disorders Treated with IG
GBS is a disorder in which the body's immune system attacks part of the peripheral nervous system. It can affect anybody, can strike at any age and both sexes are equally prone to the disorder.
- The GBS/CIDP Foundation International is a non-profit organization founded to help patients with Guillain-Barré syndrome (GBS) and Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy (CIDP) and their families.
- A GBS Fact Sheet is found on the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke website.
- Guillain Barré, the Flu Shot and What You Need to Know About Compensation
Learn about your rights under the National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP).
- The Mayo Clinic has an overview of Guillain-Barré syndrome.
- The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke has an information page about CIDP: overview of Guillain-Barré syndrome.